Was it Groucho Marx or Woody Allen who said he’d never want to be a member of a club who’d have him as a member. I’m kind of that way, ‘cept I’m actually the president of that hair club for men now. I have never been the president of anything (someone asked me, “Oh you were never a class president?” “Yeah, right.”)
So yeah this is great, we have our board meetings on the top of the IDS with fabulous banquets and fine wine, making our terrible plans for the little people who serve us at our whim. Bwahahahahahha. Another glass please, garson.
Michael Yonkers is doing a rare appearance in support of our community radio station KFAI on Sat., February 7th at the Turf Club in St. Paul. He’ll perform at 8:00. I can’t thank Cyn Collins enough for making this fundraiser happen, but especially for getting Yonkers on the bill – I’m giddy over being able to see him! He tells Cyn that he won’t be “covering” himself – he means his songs, not that he’ll be naked, so all originals can be expected.
Thanks so very much to The Undomestic Goddess at http://unfocusedsecretbeautee.com/ for nominating me for Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Gosh, I’m really honored. Or honoured, for my Aussie and British pals…. I love the extra u’s sometimes.
Now I need to get down to business.
Here are the rules:
- Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Now for the seven facts:
- I was born in Newark, New Jersey and we lived in Bergen County NJ until I was 12, when we moved to Detroit, Michigan. I went kicking and screaming, not wanting to go and afraid of Detroit.
- I wound up in Mpls after living in Houston, Texas, for 7 years. That story is far too long for a numbered list here. Keep reading popforunpop, it’s liking to emerge at any time.
- My husband and I have refurbished our 1908 Dutch Colonial – every room – since 1993 and now want to go back to the first project and begin to undo our mistakes.
- I love my dogs, Iggy and Egor, sort of like they are my doggie children. Ok, maybe that’s apparent from my blog, and not a great revelation.
- I got bullied as a kid for having red hair and freckles.
- I own about 3,000 lps, 45s, cds and cassettes, and I am running out of room in said 1908 house in which to store them. I keep buying vinyl, and Machinist Man thinks I’m a lunatic for loving that format. He’s a digital guy and thinks it sounds better. The argument continues.
- I believe that music has the power to connect people and transform society and the world.
And I nominate:
JAZZED UP & BONKERS IN CONTROL, NAUGHT TO WORRY ABOUT!
Yeah, yeah, I know…ME TOO! Here’s a new JAZZED UP & BONKERS (it’s NOT RADIO) to embrace you into the fold of Out-Crowdedness. Get with it, man, they are so out they’re in. They emote, they cry, they resolve world problems – ok, I’m going too far now – but it’s good times, Jack!
These guys also unleash themselves upon unsuspecting Twin Cities audiences out there in the clubs from time-to-time – so be on the lookout for their live gigs – “gigs” isn’t quite the word – “performance art” is too, well, arty. Wull, just go see ’em. There’s sand involved.
many clicks such words wow
He (I am assuming he’s a he…not really certain about that) is still funny and makes me giggle. So sue me. My husband thinks he’s dumb and has had his fifteen minutes of fame. Alright, now someone went and made a needlepoint Christmas sweater of Doge. Wow. So dumb. So commercial. Plaiyed out. Doge’s time has come I suppose. But I am not ashamed to say that I still love Doge – his cute little face. One of my dogs, Egor, has a face sort of like Doge’s, and pointy ears. Maybe that’s why I love Doge so much.
I think the thing is that I sometimes have to take a stand and jump on bandwagons. Sometimes I have to go with the crowd, you know? I’m always taking the opposite stance from the mainstream. When it comes to Doge, I’m just going to follow my heart, and be a little in love with Doge. Until I’m not anymore. Wow.